Did you know that one-third of all adults are affected by hemorrhoids
Although about one-third of all adults sometimes suffer from hemorrhoids – or piles as they are often called – it remains a giggly conversation topic that is still taboo. Contrary to what many people believe hemorrhoids are not caused by a lack of hygiene. They can be a result of heart failure or liver disease, but also of poor eating habits.[ms_panel title=”People also ask” title_color=”#000″ border_color=”#ddd” title_background_color=”#f5f5f5″ border_radius=”0″ class=”” id=””] [ms_accordion style=”simple” type=”1″ class=”” id=””] [ms_accordion_item title=”Do hemorrhoids go away?” color=”” background_color=”” close_icon=”” open_icon=”” status=”close”] If your hemorrhoids are small, your symptoms may clear up in a few days without treatment. … Some internal hemorrhoids become so enlarged that they stick out of the anus. These are called prolapsed hemorrhoids. Prolapsed hemorrhoids can take longer to heal and may require treatment from a doctor.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=”How can I treat hemorrhoids at home?” color=”” background_color=”” close_icon=”” open_icon=”” status=”close”] Apply an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone, or use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent. Soak regularly in a warm bath or sitz bath. Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day. A sitz bath fits over the toilet.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=”How long does it take for a external hemorrhoid to go away?” color=”” background_color=”” close_icon=”” open_icon=”” status=”close”] There is no set duration for hemorrhoids. Small hemorrhoids may clear up without any treatment within a few days. Large, external hemorrhoids may take longer to heal and can cause significant pain and discomfort.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=”Can hemorrhoids kill you?” color=”” background_color=”” close_icon=”” open_icon=”” status=”close”] Hemorrhoids affect about 10 million Americans at any given time, but Dr. Sergey Kantsevoy said most have no idea hemorrhoids can kill you. “Hemorrhoids, by itself, can cause significant blood loss. The bleeding could be a sign of colorectal cancer, or a digestive disorder, something Collins is monitoring.[/ms_accordion_item] [ms_accordion_item title=”What are Hemorrhoids?” color=”” background_color=”” close_icon=”” open_icon=”” status=”close”] Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the lowest part of your rectum and anus. Sometimes the walls of these blood vessels stretch so thin that the veins bulge and get irritated, especially when you poop.[/ms_accordion_item]
What is hemorrhoid
These are, in fact, abnormally dilated veins in the wall of the rectum. The intestinal wall is surrounded by a network of thin-walled blood vessels that do not have valves. If there is congestion arises, or if the vessel wall is weakened, protrusions can be formed. Just as with varicose veins.
Hemorrhoids can be very painful, especially when a hard stool. If it jumps vessel, the pain diminishes. The blood then released is bright red and not mix with the stool.
Generally, hemorrhoids are not dangerous, but very annoying. You should definitely consult a doctor in case of sudden intense pain in the anus, with hemorrhoids accompanied by fever and persistent bleeding with bowel movements.
What is hemorrhoids symptoms
Blood in the stool or on the toilet paper, a painful bowel movements, itching or burning sensation can be an indication of anus hemorrhoids.
External Hemorrhoids Treatment
There are several things you can do at home that will let you successfully treat your itching or pain without even seeing a doctor.
Someone who suffers from hemorrhoids will not immediately make a connection with his diet.
Yet dietary habits can promote the development of hemorrhoids, for example:
Hemorrhoids by low fiber diet
- Low-fiber diet, which can cause chronic constipation. If the stool accumulates in the rectum and hardens, the wires are pressed together in the intestinal wall. This creates trims and extra pressure on the blood vessel walls. Too little drink or a sedentary lifestyle leads to a sluggish bowel.
- Impaired nutrition due to lack of nutrition the vein wall can lose its elasticity. A non-elastic or slack vein wall can resist pressure and little extra goes soon ‘bulge’.
- Obesity This may also lead to a higher pressure in the vascular system, sometimes with hemorrhoids as a result. Obesity often has to do with our eating habits.
Of course, food is not always the culprit. Some other possible causes of hemorrhoids are:
- Pregnancy During pregnancy and childbirth is the vascular system under higher pressure. In the last weeks of pregnancy, press the head of the baby on the pelvic veins and this leads to increased pressure in the veins of the rectum. In addition, the blood vessel walls slacking during pregnancy, under the influence of the hormone estrogen.
- Liver disorders The cores are in the intestinal wall via the portal vein in connection with the liver. In certain liver diseases there can be thrust by an increased pressure in the portal vein arise.
- Heart diseases When the heart does not pump strongly enough, trims may occur in the veins.
Food as medicine for hemorrhoids
It’s quite possible for food to contribute to the cause of hemorrhoids, but the right kind of food can also help to prevent them.
The following overview makes this more clear:
- Fiber rich food
Fiber-rich foods (grain and whole wheat products, brown rice, cereals, raw vegetables and fruit) will promote having a regular bowel movement. Drink in the morning on an empty stomach two glasses of lukewarm water. If necessary, add a teaspoon of wheat bran to every meal. Fiber fabrics retain moisture, making the stool soft and weak. Some people suffer from flatulence and bloating when they switch to foods that contain more fiber than their digestive system was used to. In that case, try gradually increasing the amount of fiber. After 1 to 2 weeks, the symptoms usually disappear completely.
- Cold-pressed oil
Using some extra cold pressed oil with meals, like, safflower oil or wheat germ oil. will also gives a softer stool.
- Drink plenty
Drink at least 1.5 to 2 liters (low mineral spring water or herbal tea) per day.
- Avoid obesity
Excessive body weight increases the pressure in the blood vessels and therefore it is all well worth going to fall off.
The following additional tips will also work in your advantage:
Bowel Training: If anything your gut likes consistency, so try every day at the same time to go to the toilet.
Avoid pressing: Excessive training at the stool will create an increased level of pressure in the veins of the rectum.
Take plenty of exercise: this promotes the functioning of the intestines. Try for example daily walk for half an hour. If you have an office job, then make a habit of regularly standing up and just walk around fro a few minutes.
If you are suffering with hemorrhoids
In addition to the preventive measures described above, the following measures may ease the itch and pain and help to enforce the healing process:
▪ Hygiene use after a bowel movement only very soft toilet paper or rather a washcloth with warm water. Clean also the Indian way (rinsing with a bottle of water) is recommended. After rinsing gently pat dry.
- Natural medicines These natural remedies are known from the naturopathy: Aesculaforce (strengthens the vascular wall) and Hamamelis ointment (reduces pain and itching).
These measures have most successfully tackled the real cause of the hemorrhoids. If the doctor has detected a liver or heart disease, it is good to focus the subsequent treatment. In chronic hemorrhoids, surgery is sometimes unavoidable. There are several techniques, which your doctor can give you more information.